What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing® is a childbirth technique and philosophy that focuses on fear release and deep relaxation. Beyond being an evidenced-based childbirth education class, this 5 week program focuses on the relationship between mind and body, exploring how our thoughts shape our experiences, and consequently our births. Through breathing, visualization, and self-hypnosis, HypnoBirthing® supports you in birthing instinctively and without fear.
This course is best for parents between 20-36 weeks of pregnancy, regardless of where you are birthing- in a hospital, home, or birthing center.
What are the benefits?
- Less Fear approaching birth
- Fewer interventions and surgical births
- Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
- Shorter 1st and 2nd phase labor
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
- Happier and more content mothers & babies
- Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Few cases of post-partum depression reported
- Infants with higher than average APGAR score